Welcome! Creative Counseling Connections specializes in working with FAMILIES, CHILDREN, and ADULTS for the treatment of:
- anxiety, utilizing Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (using realistic thinking to decrease intensity of feelings) and biofeedback
- communication, conflict resolution and relational concerns
- attachment/complex developmental trauma concerns via use of TBRI (Trust-Based Relational Intervention & TF-CBT)
- alternative (non-medicinal) treatment of ADHD via neurofeedback
- grief and loss
- biofeedback training for stress, pain, and handling emotions
About Sara Rodriguez, LCSW-C
- Cognitive Processing Therapy for Trauma, National Center for PTSD
- Trust-Based Relational Intervention Practitioner (TBRI), Karyn Purvis Institute of Child Development
- “Adoption Competent Counselor,” Adoptions Together/C.A.S.E
- Trauma-Focused CBT Program, University of South Carolina
As an independently licensed clinical social worker, I enjoy using my training and experience in therapy to serve others. I am not the typical therapist depicted on TV who simply nods her head and asks “how does that feel?” I believe it is my job not only to create a safe place where you can feel heard and understood, but to send you out the door with skills you or your child can use in your daily lives.
As a believer, I am able and happy to include spirituality as a part of this journey, upon request. It is my goal that healing, connection and hope grows as a result of our time together. Please feel free to visit the rest of my website for more details.
Sara Rodriguez, LCSW-C
Independent Contractors serving Creative Counseling Connections
Paula Schuster, LCSW-C
Bio: Elise Celli
Elise is a licensed clinical social worker who has worked with a variety of complex trauma clients. Her practice focuses on young adults (teen through late 20’s) where she offers real-world strategies on adulting and becoming independent based on the client’s individual life circumstances.
Ms. Celli successfully counsels a range of clients in various settings that include family therapy, group therapy, adoption counseling, reunification counseling, as well as crisis counseling. She is skilled in a variety of counseling modalities including; TBRI, Theraplay, CBT, DBT, psychodynamic, and attachment-based interventions; and is comfortable and well-practiced with Judeo-Christian-based counseling.
Elise Celli has a Master’s degree in Clinical Social Work from the University of Maryland and is a formally trained artist with a degree from the Fashion Institute of New York, which allows her to combine her two passions, art and therapy, to create dynamic counseling tools for certain clients where appropriate.
According to Elise, “Art has the power to transform and heal, and yet so too does communication with a highly empathetic and trained individual, especially when it comes to trauma. By combining various theoretical perspectives, I am able to connect with clients and meet them where they are, so we can work together to get to where they want to go”
Ms. Celli, together with her husband Louis lives in Montgomery Village, Maryland and together enjoy a blended family of six children, two grandchildren, and one puppy daughter named Savannah.